The Department of Public Works shall be responsible for the construction, operation and maintenance of roads and facilities that are owned or maintained by the Municipality.
The Department of Public Works shall be headed by the Director, Robert Bell who shall be responsible to the Chief Administrator for the performance of the function of the Department.
The duties of the director are to:
• Construct and maintain the streets, bridges, curbs and gutters of the Municipality, including provisions for snow removal and ice control services.
• Construct and maintain storm sewer structures, facilities and appurtenances.
• Install and maintain traffic control devices and directional signs and signals and street name signs.
• Maintain and provide for custodial services for all municipal buildings.
• Repair and maintain municipal vehicles.
• Provide maintenance and development of facilities, including plantings in municipal parks or other municipal property, and oversee the Park Foreman